[mythtv-users] mySQL problems

Shawn javajunkie at koyuru.com
Mon Mar 22 23:27:01 EST 2004

Hello,

I am just starting with mythtv and so aren't sure what the problem you
described was.

I do use mysql though.  The mysql docs say  "InnoDB provides MySQL with a
transaction-safe (ACID compliant) storage engine with commit, rollback,
and crash recovery capabilities" and "From MySQL version 4.0 the InnoDB
storage engine is enabled by default. "

I use 4.x but not InnoDB and have never set anything related to it and it
has worked just fine.  AFAIK though it shouldn't be necessary to have that
for mythtv.  In fact, my tables are all MyISAM.

> Cannot initialize InnoDB as 'innodb_data_file_path' is not set.

Anyway, the link below will explain how to deal with the InnoDB aspects of
mysql.  I would think you could disable it...

see http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/InnoDB_start.html
--
Shawn

Happily using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
http://www.opera.com/m2/