[mythtv-users] DC10+ Scaling and SVideo Issues

Carl Perry caperry at edolnx.net
Mon Mar 22 20:34:21 EST 2004

Greetings!
	I have a DC10+ connected to an RCA DirecTV reciever for video capture
on my MythTV box.  The MythTV system is connected to a projector and is
outputting 1024x768 SVGA.  I'm having two problems.

	First, MythTV doesn't seem to want to use the SVideo input from the
DC10+ card.  In mythsetup, I have SVideo connected to the DirecTV
reciever but got nothing but a black screen in Live TV.  Using xawtv, I
could see picture when I switched to the SVideo input.  Upon connecting
a standard composite cable, the video did appear in Live TV but not
correctly.  I would like to get SVideo working, as the picture quality
is noticably better.

	With the SVideo and Composite feeds connected to the DC10+ card, I
now get video, but it is extremely cropped on screen.  The output is
straight VGA 1024x768, and the video is only showing the upper left
corner of the image scaled to full screen.  After about 30sec of live
playback, mythbackend crashes with a QT string error.  The OSD is also
scaled to a huge size (The fonts are very visibly pixelated).  Any ideas
on how to fix this?

	I am using the zoran drivers from CVS, revision 0.94 if that makes a
difference to anyone.  Box is running 2.4.25 with EVMS2 patches.

	Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!
--
	-Carl Perry (KD5TSA) <caperry at edolnx.net>
"A PC without Windows is like Chocolate cake without the mustard"