[mythtv-users] XMLTV and labs.zap2it.com

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 22 15:44:51 EST 2004

>From: "Donald R. Huettl" <drh at huettl.net>
>To: <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>Subject: [mythtv-users] XMLTV and labs.zap2it.com
>Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 08:28:33 -0600
>
>There is a new version of XMLTV out with support for the Zap2it web
>service.
>I haven't looked at the latest version yet, but I have worked with Robert
>Eden quite a bit to get it in good shape for MythTV use.
>
>I know Issac wants to integrate the web service directly, but this will let
>us
>download HDTV listings until that happens.

>Don

Took a look at this.  Looks very good.  Some problems though:
not compatible with Setup, not compatible with mythfilldatabase.
But it is very fast (not trying to be facetious).  Anybody (Isaac?)
want to suggest how this might be integrated into Myth?
(especially since the XMLTV site indicates that this will replace
tv_grab_na and tv_grab_na will be dropped in the future).

-- Harry O.