[mythtv-users] Wrong duration during playback

Geoffrey Lessel geo at thelessels.com
Mon Mar 22 14:59:13 EST 2004

I've searched the archives for an answer to this with no luck, but that
may be from not knowing what terms to search for.

I have a setup with a Hauppauge PVR-250 card as the lone card in a lone
case.  So, 1 card in a case that performs backend and frontend duties.
I have as my output the S-Video output from my nVidia GeForce 4 MX440
card that seems to be working fine.

The whole setup works most of the time (there are some issues that I'm
dealing with like the backend seeming to shut down after awhile, but
that's for another post) but during playback of recordings in the Watch
a Recording screen, the total time displayed for a recording is always
way off.  For example, a 30 minute show will show up as having a
duration of 45 minutes.  This is not only annoying, but when I
fast-forward or rewind, the recording jumps to a time it either thinks
it's at or that the recording is really at.

Has anyone else seen this?  Right now, I'm using the DVD-Special 1
setting for the card (I'm still experimenting with a good recording
profile.  Any suggestions on format?) -- is that causing the
miscalculations?

Thanks for your help.
-geoffrey