[mythtv-users] Re: Yet another RCA/Sony serial control script(DRD222RD)

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Mon Mar 22 14:19:35 EST 2004

I was never able to get it working as a single channel number with the
drd222, perhaps that works with newer receivers but the 222 is the only
serial controllable receiver I have. Even sending the key individually it
only take 1 second to change channels.

I am not using that script anymore as I just finished developing a script to
control a MyBlaster serial ir blaster which will let me control all of the
equipment I have available. Likewise it does not depend on that PITA program
lirc and can be used in conjunction with lirc. This way I can use the native
support for my PVR250 and still do serial control of any device supported by
the MyBlaster.