[mythtv-users] Some questions before I breakout the Mastercard

Kevin D. Snodgrass kds.mythtv at cox.net
Mon Mar 22 11:52:18 EST 2004

Kevin D. Snodgrass wrote:
> The more I think about this the more I think a frontend/backend solution
> might be best.  I'm guessing the max distance for S-Video is much less
> than the distance from my spare bedroom to the other end of my
> apartment.  Ethernet doesn't have those constraints...

Just to follow up on this, I went to a high-end home
electronics shop (Custom Electronics, 7511 Pacific, Omaha,
NE) over the weekend.  The guy there said S-Video cables can
be very long indeed.  He currently uses (and Custom
Electronics sells) 75 foot S-Video cables and he said he
thinks they can go over 2500 feet.  That ought to cover it...