[mythtv-users] USB keyboard control of digital cable box

wbradley at bham.rr.com wbradley at bham.rr.com
Mon Mar 22 07:48:08 EST 2004

Cool!  I tried this with my SA 3250 box and it worked.  This would be a great solution if we could get a script to control this over a USB data link cable.  I have struggled with lirc with a homebrew transmitter and an IR Blaster for months now.  If I am not mistaken, linux supports USB data transfer cables. The question is does it setup as a network device or character device?  If it is character device, shouldn't you be able to modify the serial control script to send the proper commands to the cable box?

bill bradley