[mythtv-users] MythTV freezes on Fedora

Hector Vayanos avayanos at qualcomm.com
Mon Mar 22 00:51:17 EST 2004

Thanks a lot for all the responses.
I seem to have established that the problem lies with the built-in ethernet
adapter (driver: nvnet).  When I first set up the configuration I noticed
that the LAN response was extremely bad. I searched on the web and found an
option that seemed to significantly improve things:
options nvnet optimization=1

On the other hand (as it turns out) it resulted in boot-up being extemely
slow. Also, it seemed to have some weird side-effects on MythTV. Changing
this configuration was not much of an option either as the networking would
be pretty much unusable. So I just ended up plopping in a Linksys ethernet
adapter and I was up and running without any problems.

- Hector