[mythtv-users] PVR350 X Session Too Big (and 3 panes)

Michael A. Howell michael.howell at cox.net
Sun Mar 21 11:18:52 EST 2004

All,
I have been working on getting my MythTV box setup for the past few weeks and have tried very hard not to ask stupid questions (this is my first question thus far).  I have followed Jarrod's guide and have gotten to the Running X on PVR 350 Out piece.  I downloaded Jarrod's XF86Config-PVR350.txt and edited the BusID to match mine (fb0 was the same as mine already).  After manually running (will not work at boot time for some reason)
"/sbin/depmod -a"
"/sbin/modprobe ivtv"
"/sbin/rmmod saa7127"
"/sbin/insmod saa7127 enable_output=1 output_select=1"

I then copy the edited XF86Config-PVR350.txt to the XF86Config file.   I then restart X session by using CTRL+ALT+BCKSPC and get a very clear image on the TV.

The Problem right now (besides having to manually load all of the lines above) is that the image on the TV is much too large for my screen and goes across three separate horizontal sections of the TV (BTW this is NTSC).  I have seen references to this same type of problem in various news groups, but I can not seem to piece together a solution.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Mike