[mythtv-users] 88 dollar PVR250

David Hampton hampton at employees.org
Sat Mar 20 18:27:38 EST 2004

On Sat, 2004-03-20 at 14:55, Phill Wiggin wrote:

> So, are these the ones that actually work correctly?  If there's a
> moderate chance that they won't, I'd rather go pay the $150 at
> retail.  I won't actually rake anyone over hot coals if they say it'll
> work and it doesn't end up working.  Basically, I'm looking for a
> 'warm fuzzy' before I go dumping another $100 into eBay.

Well, I have one of those cards that doesn't work.  The model number on
the EMI shield of my card is 32552.  The model number on the picture
posted for this item is 48432.  According to the ivtv web site, the
model numbers indicate that my non-working card is a rev 2 card, while
the card for sale is a rev 1.  That fits with the sellers statement that
"these cards are no longer being manufactured."  I ordered one.

David