[mythtv-users] 88 dollar PVR250

MythTV mythtv at hribnak.com
Sat Mar 20 18:09:52 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Mottishaw" <jmot at mottie.com>
To: "'Discussion about mythtv'" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2004 2:27 PM
Subject: RE: [mythtv-users] 88 dollar PVR250

> Yeah, people who don't ship to canada suck.. They charge way too much for
> shipping to canada in the first place.. So they make more money, I don't
see
> a problem there..
>
> And if they are worried about receipts etc.. Just ship it as a gift and
put
> the value as $15 or something.. Does both sides a favour..
>
> jeff

That works great Jeff except if the package got lost, then the declared
value is only $15 , does not work well in the sellers favor at all.

If he does ship to canada DO NO BT ANY MEANS have him ship via UPS, you will
get screwed..and might as well buy the product in Canada. (I bought a $10
ballast (normally goes for $50us), the 1st one got lostm guy then ships
viaUPS (shipping was more, and put me over a certain limit, UPS charged
almost as much as Ballast, shipping and GST I saved a whopping $5 when was
all said and done..  UPS  is a RIP off..

Sorry for my rant, but have to warn people :)

Jim