[mythtv-users] S-Video Output PVR250 or PVR350???

Niklas Brunlid nbr at ticalc.org
Fri Mar 19 21:52:34 EST 2004

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 21:10:50 -0500, John Kuhn <kuhn at razorsys.com> wrote:

> it surely doesnt hurt to have both.. the 350 is superior quality and
> lower overhead for decoding (since it will be then using the onboard
> decoder) but its uses a rather slow frame buffer.. playing
> dvds/divx/games elese is rather slow and jerky..

I've read this a couple of times now, and in my case it just isn't true -
I watch DVD:s (through Xine) and video files (through mplayer) on my 350
often, and the framebuffer is definately fast enough. I get some tearing,
particularly (sp?) in slow-panning scenes and action sequences, but I
suspect that it isn't speed but rather framesynching that's the issue.

/ Niklas