[mythtv-users] Commercial releases of MythTV?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Fri Mar 19 19:16:10 EST 2004

> (Pause whilst I don my flame retardant - but probably not nearly enough -
> suit).

No flames from me.  I'm happy to see any company that can manage to make
money by using open source technology (I work for a very
open-source-friendly rackmount systems integrator, and I must say that
it's a refreshing change from my last job).  Congratulations on being
able to bring your products to market - looks like a great system, and I
hope you do well with it.

> *    If we are found to be violating the GPL in any way, we will immediately
> take steps to rectify this.  Any lack here is in no way deliberate or
> malicious.

I haven't personally verified this, but judging from others' comments,
it appears that your source tarball is missing its requisite copy of the
GPL.  I think that's the only thing I've seen, and if the file is
actually there, just ignore this whole comment.

-Chris