[mythtv-users] Success, except for the remote.

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Fri Mar 19 16:04:41 EST 2004

On Friday 19 March 2004 09:35, Dan Conti wrote:

> > I also played setting high repeat values, and stopped at 8 and still had
> > repeat problems. I thought of setting it to like 50, but figured
> > that since
> > it wasn't doing what it was supposed to do, I'd stop and ask.
> >
> > The frontend box is pretty darn close to Jarod's own setup. Chaintech
> > 7NIF2, Athlon Barton 2500+. FC1 set to Jarod's docs, including all of
> > Axel's apt-rpm goodness.
> >
> > lirc is from atrpms...
> >
> > lirc-lib-0.7.0-20_cvs20040208.rhfc1.at
> > lirc-kmdl-2.4.22-1.2174.nptl_37.rhfc1.at-0.7.0-20_cvs20040208.rhfc1.at
> > lirc-0.7.0-20_cvs20040208.rhfc1.at
> >
> > Which one would assume is a pull of lirc CVS from Feb 8.
>
> You are right with regards to the date, and this is almost certainly it.
> The old driver flipped out on repeats sometimes; it would lose state and
> instead of sending repeats, it would send new presses. The new driver was
> checked in 2/29 and fixes this issue, along with a bunch of other stuff.

I believe when I initially set my MCE recevier up, it was with that same lirc
version. I set the repeat values back then, and never bothered changing them
after updating my lirc version, since it hasn't been an issue.

> All the bugs associated with the new driver were fixed 3/15 though. I don't
> think there are packages including all the fixes yet though, so you will
> need to either wait for packages, or you can build from cvs. I would wait
> for the packages personally. :)

Axel's out of town (at CeBit, presenting a MythTV system for Hauppauge), so
it'll probably be a few days on packages.

> After the driver update, repeat=0 should be the appropriate setting. Let me
> know if you have any other issues (after updating :))

I may have to give that a try. (I'm still running a version from a few days
before 3/15, but with zero problems right now).

- --
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...
     http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/