[mythtv-users] S-Video Output PVR250 or PVR350???

Khanh Tran khanh at slc.edu
Fri Mar 19 09:39:55 EST 2004

I'm looking at buying hardware for my first MythTV box.

I've been tossing around the idea of getting something like the Shuttle
SN41G2B.  It has nVidia nForce2 + MCP-T for graphics with S-Video out
and a front mounted SPDIF output, but I've settled on that one.  I'm
basically looking for something cost effective, but with a decent amount
of hardware that is supported by Linux.

Since I know I'm getting a PVR250 or PVR350 to do video caputre, my
question is, can I use the S-Video output on those card to display
everything on my TV, or do I need a separate S-Video out from the main
VGA board?  Will the S-Video out on the PVR cards  actually display the
MythTV UI and the X Windows interface?

Thanks to all...

-Khanh Tran
khanh at khanh.net