[mythtv-users] PVR-250 MCE Not Working Following Jarod's Guide

Bruce Smith brucesmith at chartermi.net
Fri Mar 19 08:39:51 EST 2004

> Wow, I didn't know there was a newer revision of the PVR-250 that switched
> chipsets. I'll give the cx88 driver a shot when I get home. I have another
> PVR-250 card coming (from the guy on ebay selling them for $88 again);
> hopefully that will be a better revision.

I've been thinking about buying a 2nd PVR-250.  It sounds like I may
have waited too long.  :-(

Anyway, how can I tell the difference between the old/working board and
the new rev of the 250?  If I go into my local computer store that has
one in stock, and I can talk them into opening the box, how can I tell
which rev the card is just by looking at it?  Is there anything on the
outside of the box which tells the difference?  Thanks!

 - BS