[mythtv-users] EPG/OSD charset problem

Philippe C. Cattin cattin at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Fri Mar 19 08:21:02 EST 2004

I might have the same or at least a very similar problem. my grabber
(not yet published swiss grabber) produces perfectly sane ISO-8859-1
xml. the special german and french characters don't show up right in EPG.

However, in my case it seams as if the EPG displays the two byte UTF-8
characters instead of the correct special char (not three chars as in
your case).

is it a coincidence that I'm running SuSE9.0 as well???

Philippe

Dr. Philippe C. Cattin                          cattin at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, ETHZ         Tel: +41-1-632 25 29
Computer Vision Laboratory, CH-8092 Zuerich         Fax: +41-1-632 11 99

                -->> The second is the first loser <<--
   -->> God created a few perfect people, the rest are right-handed <<--