[mythtv-users] Commercial releases of MythTV?

Matt Hannan matthew.j.hannan at verizon.net
Thu Mar 18 22:48:05 EST 2004

Of course! Anyone who has gotten it to work would! The product is
awesome once it is running. And if you can tune to your hardware, then
even more so!

The problem is that they have "decent" lawyers and better marketers.
>From reading this thread for, what, 4 hours now, it is clear that they
are in GPL compliance (enter their lawyers), but their marketing tactics
suck...from OUR point of view, being those that pour our hearts and
souls and get yelled at by the SO's and all that by trying to do it
ourselves.

Is it an easy process? Hell, no! I have been at it for about 8 months
now or such. Search back on my name. And I have only recently gotten it
to go! And still have issues.
I'd love to call there tech support for the probs I am having even now!
But the core of it is working and I think that this list is strong
enough to get the job done for anyone willing to put in the time.

For those that have been here a long time, remember that Linux is not
Windows and it does gain noobs everyday. I've been a Linux noob for two
and a half years now!!!