[mythtv-users] MythRadio?

Matt Hannan matthew.j.hannan at verizon.net
Thu Mar 18 20:42:38 EST 2004

Slow your ponies. Can't that be done thru MythWeb? Not the one you that
uses Apache, but the one from your frontend?
Hold on. I'm gonna try it out.

http://218.104.78.36:9000

OK, so that did not work.
Eh, I tried.

But that makes the basics of getting FM radio support all the more hard.
Just because there is "radio" in the name, Internet radio _is_not_ the
same as AM/FM radio. It comes thru your Internet connection and into
your NIC!!!! Not the air and into the FM radio receiver that is built
into most capture cards. I am just trying to rally support for the FM
end of things.

Perhaps MythFM is a better name?

Don't get me wrong. MythTV is a great product. I would say it is better
than M$ Media Center because it can work on a variety of platforms and
is FAR cheaper. And yes, Internet radio could/should be rolled in. But
that is for Isaac and the developers to decide...once Isaac gets hired
by Hauppauge. ;-)

ANYTHING that you do with a stereo system for AV entertainment could be
eventually rolled into MythTV. But, for now, this is just a wish list.