[mythtv-users] Commercial releases of MythTV?

Brian May bam at snoopy.apana.org.au
Thu Mar 18 17:56:25 EST 2004

    Scott> It got me very annoyed that someone can just come along,
    Scott> rip the code that you guys have spent years working on for
    Scott> no payment at all, and sell it. If you guys are happy with
    Scott> this going on - fine, I'll drop it.  If not, there's a
    Scott> nasty letter about to be sent to the editor :-)

Is your concern with the magazine article or the product?

I believe MythTV is GPLed code, and anyone who uses it has to comply
with the conditions in the GPL.

>From what you have stated, it sounds like they haven't in making this
product. See clause 3 for instance of the GPL, concerning source code.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer and I am not a copyright holder for any
code in MythTV.
--
Brian May <bam at snoopy.apana.org.au>