[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend loses focus after mplayer spawn under kde

Mike White lists1 at b0nk.org
Wed Mar 17 20:15:14 EST 2004

Hi there,

I have my nvidia tv-out configured to be on X screen 1, (ie,
DISPLAY=localhost:0.1) and i can run mythfrontend just great on that.  I
have KDE running on the system, and when i boot up i get a KDE desktop
both on my monitor and on my TV.

When i run mythfrontend (and control it with lirc - i'm proud to have
gotten that working!) and come back from playing a movie with mplayer,
it loses focus and i can see the KDE toolbar over top of the
mythfrontend screen.   I can no longer control mythfrontend.

I googled around a bit and found that i had to have KDE "click to focus"
enabled.  This is already enabled on my system, though.

Ideas?

Alternatively, how can i run KDE only on X Screen 0?  Or how can i run a
different window manager on X Screen 1?

Thanks,
mike