[mythtv-users] Problem with mpeg4 and myth internal player

mythtv at prmckinney.com mythtv at prmckinney.com
Wed Mar 17 17:20:49 EST 2004

So I'm having a problem playing back mpeg4 files with mythtv's internal
player.  I have a bunch of TV shows on DVD that I want to rip and put
under the normal recording menus.  So I've transcoded them (using the
latest ffmpeg) and they will play fine with xine, mplayer, etc.  I can get
them added to the recordings by changing the name to an appropriate .nuv
file and using the myth.rebuilddatabase.pl script.  When I play them back
it seems to work fine except myth thinks they are ~600 minutes long
instead of ~20 minutes long, and if I try to skip ahead it crashes back to
the main mythtv menu.

Is this because they aren't in a actual nuv wrapper?  I know mpeg2 from
hardware capture cards work fine so I figured this might too.  Any ideas
how I can get these to play back normally?

FYI I'm using mythtv 0.14 if that is relevant.

Patrick