[mythtv-users] Audio Video sync problems

Rainer Krienke krienke at uni-koblenz.de
Wed Mar 17 09:18:21 EST 2004

Hello,

I just installed mythtv 0.14 on a suse9.0 box (Pentium 4,  2.4 GHz).
and in between its running. I have sound and video, the only problem is, they
are out of sync. I read the howto and set the recording source to "line
in" (where the audio output of the tv-card is connected to) and muted line
in. I also tried the xawtv test with aplay /dev/dsp. It works like expected,
here audio and video are a little bit out of sync.

In mythtv however this effect (I observed it in live tv mode) is stronger. So
I would like to know if anyone else had a similar problem on a suse9 machine
with mythtv 0.14 or if anyone has a idea what still might be wrong. The howto
contains one more hint, that alsa has not been compile with realtime support.
However since suse9 uses alsa 0.9.6 this should probably not be true. How can
I check this?

Thanks
Rainer
Rainer Krienke, Universitaet Koblenz, Rechenzentrum, Raum A022
Universitaetsstrasse 1, 56070 Koblenz, Tel: +49 261287 -1312, Fax: -1001312
Mail: krienke at uni-koblenz.de, Web: http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~krienke
Get my public PGP key: http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~krienke/mypgp.html