[mythtv-users] PVR350 encoding

Brian May bam at snoopy.apana.org.au
Tue Mar 16 18:09:39 EST 2004

I have noticed two issues with quality of the encoded video:

1. blacks appear very solid and lack detail. This is only noticeable
on certain shows, I only noticed it last night when watching Alias

2. Output shakes up and down. Somebody suggested this was an output
interlacing issue, that doesn't appear to be the case (tested both on
a TV in interlaced mode and a monitor in non-interlaced mode). OSD is
fine. Happens for both live TV and recordings.

(3. Video output appears slightly on the green side; this might be an
issue with the TV set though).

I apologise if these issues have already been raised.
Brian May <bam at snoopy.apana.org.au>