[mythtv-users] RE: Yet Another PVR-350 tvout question :)

John Kuhn kuhn at razorsys.com
Tue Mar 16 14:48:46 EST 2004

IvanK. wrote:

>John,
>
>let me see if I got this right -- when you say "i can hear it.. but the
>picture is now black.." do you mean you get the picture black-and-white, or
>do you mean you get a black screen?  Big difference.  If you get the former
>(black and white) try chaning modules.conf to say output_select=1 (if it's
>currently 0, and 1 otherwise).  If you get the latter, try this as an
>experiment:

by black i mean no picture at all.. at least.. i cant see it..

>start myth and commence watching LiveTV.  Log in from  another computer and
>issue the ivtvfbctl command from the test in the tvout howto.  Does that
>correct the problem?  If so, perhaps ivtvfbctl is not in your PATH?
>
>If not, load ivtv with ivtv_debug=7 and capture the log.

now thats a very intresting point.. i believe it is in my path because i
can issue the command without telling bash where it is.. but that brings
up the question does myth use this command rather then doing something
directly with iviv? and does it expect it in a particular place? i'll
try the remote login and change my debug level..

thx for the help.. i really appreciate it

--John Kuhn