[mythtv-users] OpenGL problems

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 16 14:42:31 EST 2004

On Tuesday 16 March 2004 14:19, Jason Donhaue wrote:
> I installed using Jared's Fedora howto, so I am using the nvidia
> drivers from apt-get
>
> On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 20:59, Albert Santoni wrote:
> > Jason Donhaue wrote:
> > >I am having some opengl issues -
> > >
> > >Symptoms:
> > >Tuxracer runs REALLY slow
> > >mythgallery opengl transitions crash X
> > >SOME mythmusic visualizations crash X
> > >
> > >Hardware:
> > >asus mobo w/ nvidia gforce4
> > >
> > >if anyone knows how to "tweak" opengl, or get it running properly
> > > that would be awesome.
> >
> > Dare I ask, did you install the drivers from nvidia.com?
> > 99% of distros come with a generic "nv" driver that doesn't have
> > hardware accelerated OpenGL...
> > (It fits your symptoms)

I had problems getting OpenGL to work with the rpms.  I had to change a
bunch of symlinks, as the GL stuff from XFree86-devel was still there.
I managed to tweak it so that TuxRacer, glxgears & MythMusic Goom vis
work, but in the process I think I screwed something up because the
OpenGL transitions in MythGallery no longer work.

-JAC