[mythtv-users] RE: Yet Another PVR-350 tvout question :)

Steven Rubano srubano at ccap.net
Tue Mar 16 12:35:33 EST 2004

The only thing I can think of right now that would cause this is that you
did not enable the "Use PVR350 TV out" option in Mythtv. I believe you will
find it in Settings -> TV -> Playback and go through the menus and you'll
see it there.

Steve

John Kuhn wrote:

ok, i'm almost there.. i hope someone that was in a similar spot can

help me..

I followed this guide http://ivtv.writeme.ch/tiki-index.php?page=TvOutHowto

(dd if=/dev/video of=/dev/video16 bs=64k) works great if i issue the

(ivtvfbctl /dev/fb1 -noglobalalpha -localalpha) command first.. tv plays

for hours like this.. looks and sounds wonderfull

so i setup X on the frame buffer.. took a bit but i also got this

working as well.. so i make the big test and click watch live tv in

myth... i can hear it.. but the picture is now black..

now here is where it gets weird... if i issue the (ivtvfbctl /dev/fb1

-noglobalalpha -localalpha) command and go back into X.. its all messed

up.. meaning its a little scrambled and i can hardly read the text.. but

if i hit "enter enter" on my remote.. i can then view TV properly

i've tried diffrent FB drivers and diffrent IVTV drivers.. all seem to

do the same thing... am i missing something here.. my modules.conf

matchs the howto and everything loads properly.. i also have "use pvr

hardware" checked in myth.. it seems myth needs to issue the alpha

commands before watching tv and it isnt?

someone please help i got a taste of the quality on the tvout and i want

it badly :)

thx

John Kuhn

individual(s) named. If you are not the named addressee you should not
this e-mail from your system. The sender does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions in the content of this message.