[mythtv-users] switching audio inputs btaudio vs. sound card

rhanders at theantfarm.net rhanders at theantfarm.net
Mon Mar 15 17:42:32 EST 2004

> still ironing out a few issues here in my new install but one tricky one i
> cannot think of how to tackle is this. my kworld 878rf card has an RF,
> composite, and s-video input. it has an audio output but no audio input.

I have the same card. I use the mini-plug cable that it came with to patch
the audio out from the tuner card to the audio in on my sound card.

> i've
> installed the btaudio alsa module (not working yet - will try oss module)
> and
> want to get tv audio from here. i have configured inputs so that my vcr is
> attached to the composite input. to get audio from the vcr i have to use
> the
> sound card. i guess i could put a splitter there and take tv audio from
> the
> audio out on the kworld card but that's just inelegant when you've got
> btaudio. i'll switch between the inputs using the "C" command and i'm not
> tuning into tv with the vcr. i just want to be able to play tapes and not
> need
> a video switcher. i probably will also "rip" tapes. any ideas?

You should probably install another sound card, unless you can get btaudio
working. From what I have read, here and there, nobody has had success in
making btaudio work with this card, but don't let that stop you from
trying ;).