[mythtv-users] XFree86 on PVR-350 TV-out

Simon Alman haven at thehavennet.org.uk
Mon Mar 15 06:11:06 EST 2004

This is something that does confuse me somewhat - why is all the
documentation telling people to convert perfectly usable PCI details
into HEX.

To use your Primary Device listed below you can simply add the following
to the relvant device section in XF86Config:

BusID      "*PCI*:03:00:0"

It works and there is no conversion needed - simply plug in your details
from lspci. Yes you can convert it to HEX if you really want too (both
methods work equally well), but personally I think its a lot less
confusing to do it this way instead.

If someone could explain the logic behind converting to HEX values
instead then I'd be grateful, I feel I am missing something at the
moment as it seems more effort than its worth and looking at the number
of postings it seems to cause confusion reasonably frequently.

Regards

Simon Alman