[mythtv-users] Just built MythTV, beginner questions

Chua KianTeck chua_kianteck at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 14 21:49:26 EST 2004

Hi,

If you are considering to get a new motherboard with the Promise SATA
controller onboard; and have intentions of connecting it to a SATA drive
as a root drive (ie boot linux from it), hang on to that idea.  I've got
one of those motherboards (actually a MSI K7N2 Delta ILSR) and I'm not
able to load Fedora Core 1 on it.  I've ended up using an old 40 GB IDE
drive as the root drive, install FC1, then download the driver from
Promise web site to use the 160GB SATA drive as a seperate partition.

Regards
KianTeck