[mythtv-users] MHz channel values

maarten van den Berg mythtv at ultratux.org
Sun Mar 14 19:30:14 EST 2004

Hi there,

I used the scanning function of Kwintv to get a list of all the 39 channels I
need to get into MythTV.  The scanning works much better than scantv does, as
scantv always misses the channel by a bit so you get lots of B/W channels if
you do not start finetuning all channels :-(

But the Kwintv listing is not in <channel>:<offset> numbers but in some sort
of weird frequency(?). (see below)  Is there any way to put that into MythTV,
or does anyone know of a conversion utility ?

[channel 79]
ChannelName=1020.5625
Frequency=16329

[channel 8]
ChannelName=223.2500
Frequency=3572

[channel 72]
ChannelName=784.0625
Frequency=12545

Bt the look of it, what they call ChannelName actually looks like the real
frequency [in MHz]. The Frequency value just seems weird to me.  And the
[channel] just might be the channel which MythTV expects (I'm not sure) but
even then, the offset is obviously missing and I know for a fact that most if
not all stations here are slightly off-channel (+25, often).
Can anyone help parsing/understanding this the right way ?

TIA

Maarten

--
Yes of course I'm sure it's the red cable. I guarante[^%!/+)F#0c|'NO CARRIER