[mythtv-users] Cutting commercials without expensive transcoding

James L. Paul james at mauibay.net
Sun Mar 14 14:31:01 EST 2004

On Saturday 13 March 2004 6:23 pm, Anthony wrote:
> Is there anyway to pass a cutlist to avidemux2? I have looked at the
> commandline parameters in the docs but it doesn't appear that there is a
> way?

I don't think so, but avidemux2 does have a commandline interface. It should
be possible to script specific cuts from a script that reads a cutfile and
invokes avidemux2 for each cut. I think somebody on this list actually had
that automated, although if I remember correctly it was unwieldy because
avidemux2 doesn't provide any way to hide the GUI when called from a
commandline.

FWIW, I haven't tried it.