[mythtv-users] mtd segfaults

stan stanb at panix.com
Sun Mar 14 08:23:11 EST 2004

I'm trying to get riping DVD's wotking again. It used to work, but
now it's not, and I'm not certain what I've doen to break it.

I've got a KnoppMYTH R4V2 based system with one each PVR=350,
and PVR-250 capture card.

First question, is mtd supposed to be runing all the time? If
so where is it started up? I've looked in /etc/init.d, and
I don't see any evidence of an attempt to start it up. Unless
mythbackend is supposed to manage it?

In any case, when I start it by hand with the -n optionm I'm
able to go to "Rip DVD" in the menus, and as long as I select
"perfect" rips, the riping starts up. It runs for a while and
mtd segfaulst. It's not always at the smae place in the title
either. Sometimes it goes for 15 or 30 minutes, sometimes
just a couple. I've tried varios DVD's, and it happens on all
of them.

I have isntalled the following .debs to help in this riping:

libcss1_0.1.0-2_i386.deb  and libdvdcss2_1.2.8-1_i386.deb

This did work, as I have 2 riped titles on my ahrd disk, and I
really want to get it workign again.

What can I do to urther troubleshhot this?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin