[mythtv-users] RE: PVR-350 mpeg2 --> DVD burning. No commercial cutting or fancy stuff.

david.blevins at visi.com david.blevins at visi.com
Sun Mar 14 03:09:40 EST 2004

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 01:08:13PM -0500, Volckaert, Jeff wrote:
> It would be nice if extension was a setup option in Mythtv
> so I wouldn't have to the symbolic link (or automatic mpg
> extension when using a hardware encoder).  I also wish the
> program title and/or description was somewhere in the
> filename.  Those two changes would make burning DVDs under
> windows a piece of cake for me.

Here is a perl script I coked up that makes a directory for each title.  It's kind of a hack, but does the trick.

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

# Where your recordings sit

# Command to return the sql rows. Must have -N !!A
$MYSQL="mysql -N -u root mythconverg";
$SQL="select chanid, starttime, endtime, title, subtitle from recorded order by starttime";

$data=`echo $SQL | $MYSQL`;

@rows = split('\n',$data);
foreach (@rows){

    ($chanid, $starttime, $endtime, $title, $subtitle)=split('\t',$_);

    $subtitle='unknown' unless ($subtitle);

    print $FAKEFILE . "\n";
    `mkdir '${LINKDIR}${title}' 2>/dev/null`;
    `ln -s '$REALFILE' '$FAKEFILE'`;