[mythtv-users] Couple Issues left...

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sat Mar 13 17:01:21 EST 2004

On Mar 13, 2004, at 11:09, Dan Davis wrote:

> Ok, after a reboot, lirc is working like a champ. MythTV is setup and
> running well. Just had one problem overnight...
>
> I woke up this morning to static on the output. I had attempted a
> recording about 30 minutes after I stopped watching TV and it was all
> static too. A reboot got me going again. IIRC, I left the system at the
> main menu.
>
> Second, I installed this system using Jarod's howto and installed
> mythtv-suite. Now, there are some components I don't plan to use and
> would
> like to clean up the menu. How do I remove components from either the
> system or, at least, the menu.

First, rpm -e mythtv-suite (its a meta-package that pulled in all the
modules, and you can't cleanly remove modules without first removing
mythtv-suite). Then rpm -e myth<module> (i.e., if you want to remove
mythdvd, rpm -e mythdvd should do the trick. Or edit the xml files for
the menus, per Stan's suggestion.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...