[mythtv-users] Can't connect to transcoding daemon

stan stanb at panix.com
Sat Mar 13 15:52:13 EST 2004

On Sat, Mar 13, 2004 at 02:25:21PM -0500, thor wrote:
> On Saturday 13 March 2004 14:06, stan wrote:
> > I sudenly find that I can't rip a DVD.
> >
> > When I try, I get the screen about not being able to connect to
> > the transcoding daemon, but I've always gotten this. But now
> > pressinbg, say 0, doens't get me to the menu.
> >
> > What is the name of this daemon?
>

> 	killall mtd
> 	mtd -n

That did indeed lead to discovering the problem. mtd is trying
to put the results in /share/Movies/dvd/ No such directory exists.
I supose I could create a symlink to the proper place named this,
but that sounds like an ugly hack.

Looking in the mythfronted seting I don't see where to change this.
Where should I look to be able to change this? And can someone
confirm that this should be pointed to /myth/video?

Thanks dor the help on this.

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin