[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase issues

Matt Hannan matthew.j.hannan at verizon.net
Sat Mar 13 01:08:51 EST 2004

I seem to be having issues with the mythfilldatabase and I think it is
entirely centered in my only basic ability with Linux user permissions.

Somewhere along the lines it seems that I set CRON jobs to only be run
by root. Thru Webmin (I hate how that is a SCO "product", but is still
so needed), I managed to add my user account and mythtv to the list.

I set up the random time after 2:30AM job described in various places,
but I only get a partial listing to download.

When I check the Status via the mythweb or from MythFrontend, I OFTEN
have the message "WARNING: is mythfilldatabase running?" even when it is
not (ps ax to confirm).

Any ideas? I am currently logged in as mythtv and it is running at its
typical snail's pace.