[mythtv-users] Nuvexport / mythtranscode fails because fifo directory isn't there

Dennis Lou dlou99 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 12 20:00:32 EST 2004

From: Tony Maro <tony at maro.net>
>I ran nuvexport with --debug to find out what it
>was doing so I could
>manually try the line above.
>
>Point being, when exporting as WMV, nuvexport is
>NOT creating the
>fifodir.15441 directory.  When I manually created
>the directory and THEN
>ran nuvexport, everything worked beautifully.

Odd.  Works fine for me.

Also, I just checked checked the code.  It should
create the fifodir.  Are you running the current
version?

Keep in mind that nuvexport creates the fifodir
in the CURRENT directory, not the DESTINATION
directory.  So if you are running nuvexport from
say /usr/bin and you don't have write permission,
it will fail.

-Dennis