[mythtv-users] Video Quality

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 12 08:48:03 EST 2004

On Thursday 11 March 2004 19:42, Jared Luxenberg wrote:
> [...]

I have the same results... my Athlon XP 1600+ can just about do LiveTV
with MPEG-4 480x480 at 2200kbps (scaled), but it's pushing the machine
pretty hard.  If there's a commercial-flagging thread or pretty much
anything else going on, it's too much for my poor little machine.

Someone suggested I might eke out better performance if I use DDR RAM
instead of the SDRAM I currently have.  Of course, now I have 2 M-179s
and XvMC decoding, so it's a non-issue...

-JAC