[mythtv-users] Help: Can't recompile 2174_37 kernel?

Jason R Neuhaus jneuhaus at cox.net
Wed Mar 10 18:37:18 EST 2004

Okay, I figured out that I need to get lirc-0.7.0pre2 in order to get my
PVR-250 remote to work, in order to do that, I need to rebuild the 2174_37
kernel from the source, so I go to /usr/src/linux-2.4, copy the i686 config
file from the configs directory to .config, do a make dep, make bzImage, no
problems.  Next up make modules, doesn't work.  First time it broke on power
management stuff, so I turned off those options.  make dep, bzImage, ...
make modules, still doesn't work, not it's breaking on something in the cipe
directory (sorry, I got so many warnings I can't even find the error that
caused the break).

Does anyone have any ideas?  I'm running an P3 processor BTW, non AMD,
single processor, etc.

    Jason