[mythtv-users] X freezes with high CPU - nvidia

Ramon Redondo malinon at mchsi.com
Wed Mar 10 14:00:43 EST 2004

steve at nexusuk.org wrote:

>>Option  "NoRenderAccel" "true"
>>

>The nVidia docs list:
>
>Option "RenderAccel" "boolean"
>	Listed as experimental and disabled by default
>
>Option "NoRenderExtension" "boolean"
>	Set to false by default where possible
>
>Did you mean you set NoRenderExtention to true?  Or is there an
>undocumented option?

The above is taken right from my XF86Config file, and without that
option, it WILL lock up on me regularly.

 From the thread on the Gentoo boards, it sounds like for some people
using 'Option "RenderAccel" "false"' does NOT work, although that was
from a day before 4363 was marked as 'stable' so that could be why the
docs don't match.
.
The original reference I find to this flag was in another Gentoo thread
back from April of 2002... back in the version 1.0.2xxx days of
Nvidia-glx.
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=1101&highlight=norenderaccel

So it may be a legacy option which wasn't removed.  If so, then perhaps
RenderAccel false DOES work with current drivers.