[mythtv-users] Lirc problems w/PVR-250

Dan Conti dconti at acm.wwu.edu
Wed Mar 10 12:34:41 EST 2004

For clarity on this, this applies to lirc 7.0pre3 only. If you are using
lirc 7.0pre2, or are using lirc cvs, you should not have any problems. The
fix for this issue was checked in a bit later.

Axel, is the 20040309 rpm an update with the hauppauge fix? I'm guessing
yes.

-Dan

9;search_string=irw;guest=2557341&t=search_engine#112699
.  Someone else reported what appears to be the same problem, and Dan
Conti, who is one of the lirc developers, confirmed it as a bug in lirc.
Apparently, the problem is caused by a bug in the lirc 7.0-pre3 release
and has been fixed in the latest CVS sources.

At the moment, I cannot check my MythTV system to determine which version
of lirc is installed or to determine if a version that is newer than
7.0-pre3 has been released.  Based on the information at
http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/dist/fc1/lirc/ , I think the latest
version has 20040309 in the RPM file name, and it would seem that this
version would have the latest fixes.  However, I seem to recall that this
is the version that I have installed, and installing it did not make a
difference (or maybe I only updated lirc and lirc-lib and left the kernel
modules RPM at 7.0-pre3?).  From the lirc CVS logs, it appears that the
fix was checked in on March 2nd, so it would seem that any RPM with
20040309 in the file name should have the fix.

The post from the lirc e-mail list indicates that the problem is with the
lirc_i2c kernel module.  This post can be found at
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=3935581&forum_id=5339
.

Aaron Levinson