[mythtv-users] PVR-350 TV out uselessly low frame rate

Christian Mautner mythtv at mautner.ca
Tue Mar 9 23:53:31 EST 2004

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 07:20:31PM -0700, Gerald Schepens wrote:
> The PVR-350 does have a very nice quality signal from svideo.  The
> trouble with it is that there's no way I could possibly use this to
> watch TV.  When I try to do so, I can plainly see that the frame update
> rate of the output is way below what it needs to be.  After a few
> seconds, the video freezes and the audio stutters as the video tries to
> keep up.

You must be doing something wrong. TV out with the PVR-350 works
perfectly for me and most people - at least with data it has captured itself.

Basically, does this work for you:

dd if=/dev/video0 of=/dev/video16 bs=64k

If this gives you dropped frames then there is something wrong with
your hardware or driver setup.

There's other stuff in the readmes and howtos on how to go forward
from that.

stock mplayer is something completely different, as it writes to the
framebuffer device which is too slow in the standard configuration and
behaves as you describe. There's other ways around that, but I don't
know how good they are.

Are you sure you have the PVR-350 support enabled in the myth setup?

chm.

--
christian mautner -- chm bei istop punkt com -- ottawa, canada