[mythtv-users] How to build ATRPMs

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 9 13:23:20 EST 2004

On Tuesday 09 March 2004 12:53, Brian Huffman wrote:
> All,
>     I was trying to rebuild one of the atrpm packages from source
> last night (specifically the alsa-driver) and can not get it to work
> with the spec file provided.  Is there something special that I need
> to do?  I'm running fedora core 1 and I have not had problems before.
>
> I'm getting many errors about tags in the .spec file.  The first is
> about the first line which starts with "%kernelmodule alsa"  When I
> run an rpmbuild -ba on the spec file, it comes back with problems
> with that tag.  If I remove it, then it continues a little further,
> but then comes back again with another tag.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Best to take this over to the atrpms list... I asked Axel the same
question there recently, and the short story is that the build
environment where he builds kernel module packages is highly complex &
customized.  If you have a burning need to compile alsa-driver with
different options than the ATrpms package, you could:

- post to atrpms-devel and see if Axel can change the options for the
default binary package, or provide an additional package
- help Axel simplify his kernel-tree build environment so that it will
be (more easily) possible for mere mortals to build ATrpms kmdl source
packages
- remove all of your ALSA packages and build & install ALSA from source
(not all that difficult)

Happy hunting,

JAC