[mythtv-users] Combining video sources?

Bruce Smith brucesmith at chartermi.net
Tue Mar 9 10:48:24 EST 2004

First let me say that MythTV is GREAT!!!
Now, on to the stupid questions:   :-)

I have a system setup with two TV cards.  On is hooked to a Motorola
digital cable box (channels 2-999) with the external program changing
channels via a serial cable, and the other TV card is hooked to the
analog cable coax cable (channels 2-99) using the card's tuner.

It's really the same video source, except the analog connected TV card
can't receive channels 100-999.  I have it setup with two video sources
because of that.  It would be really nice to have them use the same
video source, and also it understand the channel limitations on the
analog connected TV card ... is that possible?

Also, when watching live TV, is it possible to select/swap with TV card
it uses?

Thank you very much in advance!!!
Bruce.