[mythtv-users] PVR-350: audio stops working ever since

Andreas Weder aweder at mac.com
Tue Mar 9 05:12:08 EST 2004

Isn't it odd: ever since I've started with mythTV I had the
problem that audio worked flawlessly on my PVR-350 after a
new installation of the ivtv/mythTV bundle, but after
one or several reboots audio was no longer working. Sometimes
it seems to me that audio stops working as soon as the
machine is turned on one day after an installation.

I'm not using a audio patch cable. I've tried to get internal
audio to work, which is supposed to work with my PVR-350

I've used all tips:
- check that you load the correct msp3400
- make sure the ALSA audio channels are unmuted
- check that test_ioctl is setting the mute option to 0
- check different input and output values when using test_ioctl

I've been using RH9 and now Fedora Core 1, mythTV version
0.11 to 0.14, and several ivtv driver versions. I've been
using the ATrpms ever since. My system is a Shuttle XPC SB61G2
running with an Intel P4 2.4 GHz Hyperthreading CPU and the
Intel 865/ICH5 chipset, 512 MB RAM, enough HD space and
an SMP kernel. I'm using the latest 1.0.2 ALSA drivers and
the on-board Intel i810 chip. And I'm using a Hauppauge
WinTV PVR-350 (rev 2).

	http://de.shuttle.com/sb61g2.htm#sb61g2

I've followed Jarrod's guides and have cross-checked and
cross-checked and cross-checked my settings.

Does anybody have any idea what could be wrong?

Also, does anybody know for sure, if I need the bttv kernel
module or not? It seems to get loaded by either ivtv-fb or
some other module; I have not specified it in modules.conf.

Thanks
Andreas