[mythtv-users] Recording Stops

tom gill tgill2 at msn.com
Tue Mar 9 02:43:16 EST 2004

I basically had the same symptoms and here's what i've come up with so far
to "mostly" fix everything...(On my box that is.)  :)

Resolution one, this was suggested to me by another subscriber and I thank
him very much, disable automatic commercial flagging.  Apparently this is a
cause of several bugs for a lot of people.  Disable this and see if it
helps.  Re-enable it when you're sure it isn't the problem _and_ you've
found something else that _may_ be the problem.  This cured my in-progress
recording freezes, but not my back-to-back freezes.

Resolution two (for me), was that I had the "pre-show and post-show record"
settings set to 10 seconds each.  (Recording would begin 10 seconds early
and continue 10 seconds after a show ended).  This caused problems when I
recorded back-to-back shows on the same channel, as one show was supposed to
begin while the other was still recording.  After I disabled auto-flagging,
my backend would only freeze between recordings.

I'm currently running a PVR-250 and a PVR-350 with FDC 1.  It's been pretty
solid for about a week now with regards to recording and scheduling.  Hope
this helps.
Good luck

Tom