[mythtv-users] Echostar & IR Blaster

Ajay ssharma at revsharecorp.com
Tue Mar 9 01:33:42 EST 2004

Frank Linhares wrote:

> Try using lirc.0.7.pre2

I upgraded to lirc 0.7.pre2 and I'm having the same problem...
Everything looks okay but it's just not registering on my Echostar box.
Can you explain step 2 in your directions
(http://www.pvrcentral.net/echostar.html):

"Ensure that your Echostar Set Top Box and remote is set to System ID 9"

The model # of my Dish Network unit is 2700, it's pretty old.  I did
manage to dig out the manual but there was nothing in there about
changing the System ID.  Can you tell me how it's done on your unit?  Is
this something I should try to call support about?  If I can't get this
thing to work soon I'm probably going to switch to DirectTV just so I
can use the serial port.  Well, that and Echostar is going to lose CBS
in a few hours:

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=4524266

--Ajay