[mythtv-users] MP3 directory structure

Jamin W. Collins jcollins at asgardsrealm.net
Mon Mar 8 16:18:02 EST 2004

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 11:44:03AM -0900, Dan Morphis wrote:
> Steve Dorsey wrote:
> >
> > noticed that the Music directory for MythTV only allows me to go one
> > level deep. I cannot place folders of MP3s into it.
> >
> > In the end, I'd like to move my music collection to my MythTV box,
> > but I'd need to do it in one giant motion, and I have 36GB of music
> > already ordered in the iTunes directory structure.
> >
> > I'd really like to retain that structure, as that would allow me to
> > mount that directory on my Mac and use it as my iTunes folder. VERY
> > handy.
>
> I have folders w/in folders w/in folders. . .

I've simply created a symlink to the audio folder on my NFS mounted
share to the top level music folder configured in MythTV.  It searched
and found all my albums immediately.

--
Jamin W. Collins

To be nobody but yourself when the whole world is trying it's best night
and day to make you everybody else is to fight the hardest battle any
human being will fight. -- E.E. Cummings