[mythtv-users] Question about kernels and Jarod's guide...

Philippe Daoust pdaoust at sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 8 15:41:06 EST 2004

Hello,

I am currently rebuilding my Myth box and following (again) Jarod's excellent guide.  The first time I installed it I pretty much copied and pasted the portion where you install the kernel and kernel source with ATrpms.  This time I saw the note about checking for new versions on http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/dist/fc1/kernel/ and I did.

I noticed that there are many flavors of kernels there.  I have an Athlon 1800XP processor, should I be using the kernel-2.4.22-1.2174.nptl_38.rhfc1.at.athlon.rpm instead of the "generic" one specified in the guide?  If so which kernel source package should I install with it, I can't find a "source" package for the Athlon...

Am I missing something?

Thanks!